Website Surrey Choices
Every Life, Every Chance
Area Operations Manager
Location: Walton on Thames, Surrey but with travel across Surrey
(base may be negotiated)
Monday-Friday (with some flexible working)
37.5 hours per week
£31,620 – £33,550 per annum
Closing date: 5th February 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for an Area Operations Manager to be part of the leadership team in our North area.
As an organisation, Surrey Choices are the leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults across Surrey. Our mission is to enable the individuals we support to live full, rewarding, and happy lives. Through planning focused on the individual, we help every person achieve their potential, develop new skills, and live as independently as possible within their community.
The Area Operations Manager Position
As an Area Operations Manager, you will manage and develop a range of services in North Surrey, where you will be required to travel across the area and where applicable, the rest of the county. You will be responsible and accountable for promoting and delivering the vision and Core Values of Surrey Choices, implementing business plans and ensuring that KPI targets are met.
As an Area Operations Manager, you will play a central role in transforming our services and ensuring the safety and quality of every aspect of the support we provide to individuals. You will be responsible for building upon existing trusted relationships and developing new relationships with local communities and other community providers to ensure we are delivering support that is holistic and brings about real life outcomes for the people we support.
Leading a team of Service Coordinators, you will coach and develop the wider staff team to ensure person centred support is in place for the individuals and evidenced in great support plans. You will be an aspiring leader and have well-developed organisational skills to meet our high internal standards.
In return you will have the chance to be part of a supportive team and a forward thinking organisation with big plans for the future. You will receive excellent supervision and training as well as support for your professional development.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
● Ability to effectively communicate and engage with individuals, Families/Carers and external partners
● Experience of developing and managing budgets
● Experience of community development and outreach services
● Effective decision-making skills
● Ability to effectively manage and develop a team through change
● Proven experience in ensuring service growth through business development
● A rounded trouble-shooter with the ability to spot problems/trends and implement improvement strategies through to completion
● Good understanding of the Care Act and other relevant legislation
● An excellent team worker
What we can offer you:
● 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
● Access to a generous pension scheme
● Automatic entry into Perkbox benefit scheme
● Ongoing supervision, learning opportunities, and career development
● Employee Assistance Programme
● £300 ‘Refer a Friend’ Scheme
● 45p mileage allowance
● Employee Recognition Award Scheme
● Pay progression scheme
For an informal conversation and to find out more about this role, please contact:
Anne Shiels, Interim Senior Operations Manager, on 07711 761135
Please copy and paste the following link: https://www.surreychoices.com/area-operations-manager/ into your web browser to view the full job description.
Surrey Choices Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please find out our Surrey Choices Privacy Statement
To apply for this job please visit surrey-choices.breezy.hr.