Website Surrey Choices
Every Life, Every Chance
Activity Facilitator (Support Worker)
Location: Epsom, Surrey
Hours: Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week
(Flexible Working required)
Salary: £17,850 – £18,940 per annum
Closing date: 17th August 2021
Do you want to make a difference?
Are you passionate about creating places where everyone belongs?
Then a role in care might be right for you!
Our role is to provide creative and sustainable support which enables people to live active and healthy lives in their local communities in ways that they choose. Our Core Values guide how we work and inform our decision making. As an organisation we are in a good place, we have a great team, and we are excited about our plans for the future.
We have exciting opportunities and are currently looking for an enthusiastic, professional, and committed individual to join Surrey Choices. You will support and work with people who have a diverse range of needs using a person-centred approach, assisting in delivering identified tasks based upon their interests, aspirations and support plans in the community. This can be from accessing such as leisure facilities, libraries, cinemas, bowling to generally helping them integrate with the public.
We are looking for candidates with knowledge and experience, who are committed, passionate and focused on ensuring inclusion and integration in local communities for the people we support. This is an important role providing people with diverse needs the opportunity to learn and develop some vocational based skills as well as improving self-esteem and social skills.
Working well within a team and lone working, you will demonstrate a practical understanding of professional boundaries, safeguarding, risk assessment and confidentiality.
What we would like from you:
- Good level of technical and digital ability and skills within digital media
- Good level of literacy
- Knowledge of basic editing procedures
- Working knowledge of Mix Cloud or other online Radio Stations
- Ability to facilitate and run online and virtual sessions and 1:1s
- Ability to network with other providers
- An interest in podcasts and community related content
- Ability to work with our in house podcasting station, supporting customers to gain employability skills
- Experience of working in broadcasting at any level
- Experience of contributing or creating podcasts/spoken word broadcasts
- Enthusiasm in helping our customers progress and succeed
What we can offer you:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Automatic entry into Perkbox benefit scheme
- Ongoing supervision, training, and career development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- £300 ‘Refer a Friend’ Scheme
- 45p mileage allowance
- Employee Recognition Award Scheme
For an informal conversation and to find out more about this role, please contact Diana Mooney on 07713 479737.
Please copy and paste the following link: https://www.surreychoices.com/activity-facilitator/ into your web browser to view the full job description.
Surrey Choices Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please click here to view our Surrey Choices Privacy Statement or copy and paste the URL into your web browser: https://www.surreychoices.com/surrey-choices-privacy-policy/
To apply for this job please visit surrey-choices.breezy.hr.