Website Surrey Choices
Every Life, Every Chance
Job Title: Deputy Manager – Respite Service
Location: Banstead, Surrey
Hours: Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week (working shifts Monday – Sunday. Some flexibility required)
Salary: £25,500 to £27,060 per annum
Closing Date: 7th August 2021
Are you experienced and passionate about supporting people with disabilities?
Do you share our Core Values?
At Surrey Choices, we put the people we support at the heart of everything we do, inspiring and challenging them to learn, enjoy life and achieve their goals. Our mission is to deliver innovative, sustainable services that enable choice and positive outcomes for the people we support. These services are provided by skilled, engaged#, and inspired colleagues.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, committed, and experienced individual to join our team at Surrey Choices. The Deputy Manager’s role is to assist the Registered Manager to oversee the daily running of the current 6-bed respite service for people with disabilities, ensuring that the care provided offers those we support a high standard of person-centred care.
You will ensure that all individuals using the service are treated with dignity and respect and that their independence, choice, and control is actively promoted by the service. The successful candidate will work within the requirements of relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks and ensure that all practices within the respite service actively promote the vision and values of Surrey Choices and our strategic partners.
We are committed to working with Surrey County Council to develop alternative provision for short breaks, therefore the successful candidate will have an eye for innovation and be able to work in partnership with other service leads across the organisation to meet the needs and aspirations of those we support, and their families.
What we would like from you:
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous experience of working with adults or children with disabilities
- Good knowledge of CQC’s Regulatory Framework and obligations under the Care Act
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Flexible approach to the management requirements of a 24hr service. Shift working required 7am to 9pm, Monday to Sunday.
- Ability to lead by example and develop the team
- A positive attitude towards change and continuous improvement
What we can offer you:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Automatic entry into Perkbox benefit scheme
- Ongoing supervision, training, and career development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- £300 ‘Refer a Friend’ Scheme
- 45p mileage allowance
- Employee Recognition Award Scheme
For an informal conversation and to find out more about this rewarding role, please contact Marian McKenzie on 07713 479759.
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser for the Job Description: https://www.surreychoices.com/short-breaks-banstead-deputy-manager/
Surrey Choices Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please click here to view our Surrey Choices Privacy Statement or copy and paste the URL into your web browser: https://www.surreychoices.com/surrey-choices-privacy-policy/
To apply for this job please visit surrey-choices.breezy.hr.