Live, Love, Thrive, Belong
Job title: Female Support Worker
Pay rate: £9.50 to £9.65 per hour
Contract: Full and Part time hours available
Immediate start dates available!
Are you looking to be a part of supportive, innovative, and all-round amazing team who support incredible individuals to thrive, be happy and achieve things they never thought possible? If so, there has never been a better time to join our Senior SeeAbility support team!
Why join SeeAbility?
We are one of the oldest disability charities in the UK and has pioneered specialist support for over 220 years.
We recognise that although this job is rewarding, it can also be challenging so we offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on your wellbeing. This includes:
- Discounts platform ‘The Hive’ for permanent staff, including gift cards, discount codes and other benefits
- Flexible approach to working and working hours
- Fast track inductions, start dates available before Christmas and New Year period (subject to checks)
- Pension scheme
- Long Service, Employee of the Month and Annual Staff Awards
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for help with financial, physical and mental wellbeing
- Wellbeing coaches in house to help ensure you are well supported
- Fantastic and supportive team where managers are focused on helping you to achieve your goals and aspirations
- Paid enhanced DBS
- First Bus save 10% on monthly bus travel
- Recruitment Bonus Scheme – ‘Refer a friend’ and receive a generous £600 (eligibility criteria apply – please see ‘The Hive’ for more details)
- Further support for professional qualifications and study leave, to open up your career options at SeeAbility including QCF level 3 to 5.
- 28 days annual leave increasing with length of service
- Life assurance
We specialise in supporting people who have learning disabilities or autism, who may also have sight loss, to live ambitious lives and achieve things they never thought possible. Whether that is forming more friendships and relationships, enjoying new experiences and activities or finding employment.
Our specialist support team in Surbiton work closely with the people we support, providing rehabilitation to people with sight loss to help them maintain and develop skills, and be more independent. We have speech and language therapists who support people with communication difficulties and the team also provides assistive technology and accessible information.
Supported living services are designed to meet daily living, social and personal care needs. These are arranged through a combination of one-to-one and shared support hours.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Building positive relationships with the people we support and their families.
- Working alongside our existing team, offering a diverse range of exciting and varied activities.
- Supporting with day to day living tasks such as housekeeping, cooking, cleaning and personal care.
- Completing paperwork, incident reports and handovers between staff.
To be considered for the role, you will need to:
- You’ll be professional, patient and calm under pressure.
- Be patient and calm under pressure as well as be sociable, caring and supportive
- A passion for genuinely wanting to help the people we support to live their best lives.
- Be able to engage, listen and communicate in a variety of ways and demonstrate emotional resilience.
- Always reflect our values of being creative, brave, passionate and to do what is right.
Apply online today, or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 8340 for more information.
SeeAbility is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.