Website Proxy Care Personnel Limited
JOB TITLE: Registered Care Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Operations Team
SCOPE OF THE POST
The Manager is required to provide effective clinical leadership, governance and management
and it is their responsibility to secure, sustain and promote the reputation of the home. To
ensure the delivery of high quality holistic care and to create a caring environment conducive
to individual needs and practice research development within the framework of quality
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To ensure that agreed quality assurances initiatives are implemented within the service.
2. Liaise with social care regulators and local authorities to ensure satisfactory standards are
3. To become the person in charge responsible for the day-to-day running of the home with
24 hour responsibility for the care of the Service users.
4. To be the Information Governance Lead for their home and to work in collaboration with the
Company’s Information Governance Lead, being accountable to the Senior Operations Team.
5. To provide improvement, independence and choice for Service Users, making sure they
are treated with dignity at all times.
6. To manage the effective use of resources and maintain high levels of occupancy.
7. To comply with all regulatory requirements at all times and in particular the Regulations
for the Registration and Inspection of Care Service.
8. To ensure policy and procedures are implemented and understood by all the staff to ensure
the highest standard of care.
1. To provide leadership to all staff in order to deliver the highest possible quality of care
within a safe working and living environment.
2. To be a good model for all employees, being approachable and providing a regular
presence on the “shop floor” as well as being consistent in all actions and decisions.
3. To set and maintain clear standards of care within the home in line with the organisation quality assessment tool.
4. To ensure that staff selection processes for all applied thoroughly and that all candidates
are treated professionally. To ensure all staff maintain the registration with their national
5. To develop a culture of continuous quality improvement using the framework of clinical
6. To maintain a comprehensive induction process for all new employees to ensure they are
effectively introduced to the Service, the Service Users and good practices within their
7. Ensure that NMC codes of professional conduct and other NMC guidelines relating to
professional practices are followed at all times.
8. Take responsibility and accountability for the delivery of professional, competent and
high quality care.
9. To conduct regular reviews with new employees during their probationary period and to
always conduct a threes monthly review to confirm the appointment or extend the
10. To ensure all staff are annually appraised and that required standards of performance are
being achieved, to manage under-performance through objective setting and regular
reviews, and that regular supervisions occur in line with company policy.
11. To ensure complaints and suggestions are positively actioned and dealt with correctly.
12. To identify individual training needs in line with the Home’s objectives and the
employee’s performance, arranging training and evaluating their effectiveness, and
ensuring that staff have completed the required training each year.
13. To hold regular staff, Service Users and stake holders meetings to provide and receive
feedback, and administer the questionnaires provided as part of the company’s Quality
1. To ensure that all Service Users have an up-date care plan, which is regularly evaluated
and actively involves Service Users in the preparation.
2. To ensure all risks associated with care e.g. moving and handling, mobility, challenging
behaviour and skin care is identified and correctly actioned.
3. To regularly monitor the delivery of care given by all staff ensuring that the physical,
social, psychological and emotional needs of the Service User are recognised, assessed
4. To ensure the Home and its processes are fully compliant with the Mental Capacity Act
and that service users are empowered to make choices where able and where not best
interest decisions are made on their behalf involving all those necessary.
5. To ensure the Service is compliant with DoLS legislation.
6. To ensure that there is a regular programme of activities, which are arranged in line with
the Service Users’ needs.
7. To ensure the Service Users receive a pleasant nutritional diet.
8. To ensure an active named nurse and key worker key worker system for all the Service
9. To ensure the maintenance of the highest standards of care consistent with the
requirements of CQC/Funding Authorities.
10. To arrange regular reviews with Social Workers, Service Users, Relatives and Key
11. To conduct a pre-admission assessment for all potential Service Users.
12. To meet professional and legal responsibilities with regard to the storage, handling and
administration of drugs.
13. To ensure the protection and safety of Service Users at all times, which requires
conducting regular health and safety checks and checks that the call bell system and the
fire alarms systems are always fully functional.
1. To understand the legal requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and the
Regulations and other legislations and ensure the home complies with Essential
Standards of Quality and Safety, and whatever legislation or relevant standards that
maybe in force at anytime.
2. To personally have a full understanding and working knowledge of the organisation
policies and procedures and ensure that all these policies are applied at all times.
3. To be responsible for completing the staff rota and ensuring that the staffing ratio meets
the needs of the Service Users.
4. To ensure that all annual leave requests are co-ordinated to prevent disruption in the
5. To control sickness absence by always conducting back to work interviews and correctly
applying company policy.
6. To carry out the duties of “The Responsible Officer” and ensure that the home compiles
with all statutory obligations and relevant legislation (e.g. environmental health, health &
safety and fire regulations). To meet professional and legal responsibilities with Health
and Safety issues and ensure that all monitoring requirements are met.
7. Promote a positive customer care orientated environment and ensure all staff are familiar
with the company complaints procedure
8. To remain professionally updated and ensure care in all areas is delivered in line with the
latest research to promote evidence based practice.
9. To participate with recruitment, selection and retention of staff.
10. To liaise effectively with Head Office Departments, building good working relationships,
as required for the good operation of the Home.
11. To ensure that all Service Users have a copy of the terms and conditions of care and that
all the necessary funding documents is completed.
12. To enable Services Users to control their own financial affairs, where possible. To ensure
that all Service Users finances are controlled and up to date accurate records kept of all
transactions, the financial control of their affairs must be undertaken with total accuracy
13. To ensure the security and confidentially of records and information relating to the
14. To ensure that staff hours are recorded and sent to payroll on time.
15. To ensure that all weekly periodical information is completed and returned on time.
16. To attend Manager’s Meetings or other meetings as and when required by Head Office.
1. To establish and maintain good relationships with relatives and friends of the Service
Users, purchases, referring agencies, the local community and any other parties with
whom the organisation has dealings.
2. To report within 24 hours of its occurrence any serious incident which affects the
wellbeing of the Service Users to the Registration Authority and other relevant bodies. To
inform the Registration Authority of all deaths within 24 hours, and other relevant
notifications that must be made to either CQC or funding bodies.
3. To welcome and be courteous to all visitors to the home at all times.
4. As required to attend meetings with General Manager and Operations Manager to discuss
the overall management of the home.
5. To carry out audits where required and manage and complete any quality assurances
required by the company, including Managers Monthly checklist.
Any other duties that may reasonably fall within the scope of this post, as may be required from
time to time.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN AN EMERGENCY
Expected to respond to emergency situations involving the safety of service users and others this
includes the ability to assist in evacuation of service users, fire drills and false alarms.
Any information relating to service users or staff acquired during the course of duty must be treated in
the strictest confidence and discussed only within the establishment with the most senior member of
staff on duty.
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about service users and staff in
accordance with the professional code of conduct and relevant legislation such as Data Protection.
The post holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the company
equal opportunity policy and promote the concepts of equality of opportunity and diversity.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health & Safety Act at
Work Act 1974, paying due regard to health and safety in the workplace and management of risk to
maintain a safe working environment for service users, visitors and employees.
1. Promote safe working practices within the home and ensure the security within the home is
maintained at all times.
2. Adhere to the Homes disposal of waste policy
3. Understand and ensure the implementation of the Homes Health and Safety policy, and
Emergency and Fire Procedures.
4. Report to the Operation Manager/Co-ordinator
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.