Website Millfield Healthcare Services LTD
As a Team Leader for Millfield Healthcare, you will be an integral part of the Leadership Team. You will supervise a team of Care workers to ensure they provide high-quality care and support that is safe, promotes independence and well-being of Service users. With fantastic training and great pay rate from day one, Millfield Healthcare will provide you with great career progression.
Your role will include:
- Being a role model to your colleagues.
- Managing and supporting care assistants to perform their roles safely and to the best of their ability.
- Supporting your manager to run the workplace according to regulations and standards.
- Liaising with families to develop care plans that support and encourage individuals to make choices, express themselves, live independently and run their own lives as much as possible.
- Lead team meetings induct new staff, supervision, and appraisals.
- Work in partnership with other professionals to ensure that individuals get the support needed.
In return we will offer you
- A bespoke training with opportunity to progress in career pathway.
- Comprehensive induction.
- The opportunity to earn whilst you learn to take on apprenticeship.
- Flexible working hours, including a choice of day, night, or weekend shifts.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free uniform, PPE and many online and in-store discounts
Your skills will include.
- A well-organised and a flexible approach to situations.
- Previous experience in working in social care and health will be an advantage.
- Ability to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to be able to make a difference to people’s lives.
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Flexibility as working times may vary and include weekends, evening, we will provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly.
- Supervisory and team leading.
- An ability to deal with conflict.
- Good knowledge of English and be able to understand and apply policies and procedures in practice.
Experience and Qualification
You will need the following:
- Good English and numerical skills.
- GCSE or equivalent qualification.
- Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social care or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Experience in managing a team will be an added advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.