Our lovely client, Jackie, has recently suffered a major fall and after being discharged home, will be receiving round the clock care.
Jackie will need a caregiver who is patient but persistent and will support her to regain her strength and will be able to do as much as possible for herself. We are looking for a real relationship builder who will try to become friends with Jackie, to understand her and care for her as a friend. What she needs is companionship, someone to lift her mood and make her smile, play some music, and support her where required.
Support will be required with mobility and re-enablement following her operation. Jackie uses a wheelchair and may need support with this. She will also need some support with bathing and grooming, requiring a prompt at times.
We need somebody with great listening skills, and heaps of compassion and patience.
We are looking for:
- Someone who is experienced in dementia care and supporting those who suffer with anxiety
- Excellent care references and willing to undergo a full DBS check
Happy to live in for two or three weeks in rotation with another Live In CAREGiver
- Ideally a driving licence so you can get out and about but this is not essential
A huge heart, easy conversation, ready smile, ability to cook and provide a balanced diet
- Experience in re-enablement capacity
- Someone familiar with British culture, history and cooking
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.