Website Home Instead - Farnborough, Farnham & Fleet
Rate: £20,000 per annum + £120 allowance per On-Call weekend
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ready for a new challenge? We have an exciting opportunity to join our CQC rated ‘outstanding’ team at Home Instead – Farnborough, Farnham & Fleet. We are looking for someone with an interest in domiciliary care to join our team as a Trainee Field Care Supervisor.
Experience in care is not essential as full training will be provided.
Field Care Supervisors play a vital role in linking our office team, Caregivers and clients. You will be responsible for supporting our fantastic team of Caregivers and ensuring we continue to deliver an outstanding level of quality care for our clients. There are two major aspects to this role, Caregiver management and Client support. This is a varied, challenging and rewarding position.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with potential and existing clients, their families and other professionals involved in their care, becoming the client manager.
- Support care consultations, service reviews and completing client support plans and client QA’s.
- Create, update and audit client care plans and assist with digital care planning.
- Maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records on Home Instead care management software and People Planner.
- Carry out client reviews in collaboration with CAREGivers and action these accordingly.
- Line manage, mentor and support our Caregivers and CarePros, supporting them through their training and development and ensuring they are empowered to continue to provide the highest standard of care.
- Conduct staff supervisions, observations and appraisals.
- Conduct client and CAREGiver introductions.
- Build and develop relationships with the Client Experience team.
- Maintain regular contact, support and mentor CAREGivers.
- Provide support to the CAREGivers by assisting in facilitating and delivery of training courses in Moving and Positioning, Medication Competency, and specialist medication.
- Participate in on-call duties as required and as part of a team.
- Manage your time, workload and workflow.
- Maintain compliance with Home Instead’s policies and procedures including Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities and others.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- You will have an interest in working with people
- You will have an interest in caring for people in their own homes
- You will be computer literate and be confident using programs such as Outlook and Word
- You will be expected to work some evenings and weekends, as required by the client, care and business needs and will receive this time back as TOIL
- You will be a driver with use of your own vehicle
- You will be prepared to provide on-call duties and cover care calls, often at short notice, as and when required
- You will be competent and confident working in an office environment and with clients in their homes
- You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
Why work for Home Instead – Farnborough, Farnham & Fleet?
- Join a team rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission
- Work at the UK’s number one Home Care provider
- Be part of a positive caring team
- Full learning and development programmes
- Support gaining a Health and Social Care NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification
- Opportunities for overtime
- No uniform required
- Free on-site parking
- Paid mileage (45p/mile)
- Rewards scheme, exclusive discounts and confidential employee support line
- Free DBS check
- A friendly and supportive office team and 24/7 support
- Discretionary bonuses and other bonuses via our Care Friends app
To apply for this job please visit www.homeinstead.co.uk.