Could you help to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable young people in Surrey?
This is an exciting opportunity to join halow, a young, vibrant, and rapidly growing, Guildford-based charity that puts young people (aged 16+) with a learning disability in the driving seat. halow supports around 170 young people to live independent, meaningful lives and to be more involved in their local community.
Building Futures is a flagship halow programme that runs for up to 4 days per week across 3 year groups. It is a fulltime community based learning programme that aims to nurture the independence, enrich the lives, continue the education, and build the futures of our young people.
To be considered for interview, you must be:
• Passionate in working with halow young people and seeing them achieve their goals.
• An excellent communicator through all mediums and to all people.
• Confident to support and deliver outstanding person-centred sessions to groups of young people.
• Proactive and keen for continuous improvement; contributing to the development of the programme and working closely with young people, year leaders and other staff.
• Able to provide an unrivalled level of service and support to our young people, colleagues and stakeholders of Building Futures service by being responsible for Safeguarding around young people ensuring a safe, caring, responsive, effective and well led service – compliant with regulations and legislation.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to be part of our growing and outward looking team that is passionate about growing halow over the next 5 years and beyond. If this sounds like the place you could thrive in, then please visit our careers page where you can read the job description and submit your application.
What we offer:
• halow is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce.
• 33 days annual leave (pro-rata), workplace pension and many other great employee benefits.
• Fully paid training and ongoing career development.
• An employee assistance programme and a supportive and caring team to work with.
Closing date for applications is: 5.00pm, Monday 20th September 2021
Interviews can take place before the closing date so please do not hesitate to apply early
Interviews will take place: from Wednesday 25th August onwards
To apply for this job please visit halowproject.livevacancies.co.uk.