Are you seeking a new challenge in a supportive, friendly and ambitious organisation?
Would you like help to transform the lives & futures of young people with a learning disability in Surrey?
This is an exciting opportunity to join halow, a rapidly growing Guildford-based charity that puts young people (aged 16-40) with a learning disability in the driving seat. halow supports 200+ young people to live independent, meaningful lives and to be more involved in their local community.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join the halow team as our Communications and Marketing Officer. You would play a key role in helping to publicise our unique and highly regarded work, reach a wider fundraising audience and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, current and prospective supporters.
The right candidate will bring at least 2 years experience of a similar role and be able demonstrate their skills and passion in this regard. They will be a confident and assured communicator verbally, with the written word and through their design skills. They will also have the drive to develop the charity’s ambitions in communications and marketing whilst also developing their own career.
Salary £25,000 – £28,000 per annum (depending on experience)
We are focused on supporting and investing in our employees. The traditional office-based, ‘9 to 5’ working day doesn’t work for everyone so some flexibility in contracted hours and hours of work may be possible. If you’re the right person for this role, we will work with you to find the right working model.
To be considered for interview, you must be:
· Passionate about the outcomes we achieve for young people, to set them up for the next steps in their lives.
· Experience in both communications and related marketing with the ability and skills to grow our communications and marketing strategies
· A good and confident communicator
· A natural and efficient organiser
· A great team player- aware of the department’s priorities through the year
· A self-starter with a can-do positive attitude
How to apply
If this sounds like the place you could thrive then please visit our careers page where you can read the full job description, watch our ‘life at halow’ video and submit your online application.
What we offer:
· halow is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce.
· Flexible, negotiable hours.
· 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, workplace pension, employee discount scheme, and other great employee benefits.
· Fully paid training and ongoing career development.
· An employee assistance programme and a supportive and caring team to work with.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Monday 08 November 2021.
Interviews will take place between 10th and 19th November.
To apply for this job please visit halowproject.livevacancies.co.uk.