Website Bright Care
In-Home Senior Care & Companionship
If you would like to be part of something really special by bringing joy and purpose into elderly people’s lives, we would love to welcome you into the Bright Care family.
In 2018, we were voted one of ‘The 100 Best Small Companies To Work For’ as well as reaching 10th place in the Best Companies in Scotland.
Your Role As A Live-in Carer
As a live-in carer, you’ll live side by side with your clients in their homes to provide care and companionship. Living and sharing life together means nurturing relationships that will last for life.
You’ll be there for those little moments and will support your clients by:
- Assisting with personal care, such as getting up, washing, dressing, and toileting.
- Helping with light housekeeping, such as cleaning, laundry, and cooking.
- Going on outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments, where appropriate in line with government advice).
- Providing friendly and ongoing companionship.
- Assisting with medications, or picking up prescriptions.
- Writing daily reports.
You’ll have a contract with a guaranteed working pattern with your matched regular client/s. You’ll be able to choose from the following working patterns (inclusive of a 2-hour daily break):
- 1 week on/1 week off
- 2 weeks on/2 weeks off
- 4 weeks on/4 weeks off
The starting salary is £104.65 per day. We’ll upgrade your salary to £106 per day based on your performance after a year of service.
What We Seek In Our Bright Carers
- Warm-hearted, joyful and determined individuals, who love to bring out the best in others.
- Empathy and patience to support older people lead fulfilling lives.
- Commitment, reliability and a mature and proactive approach to situations that comes from life experience.
- A driving licence and car are hugely beneficial.
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- To pass the DBS check.
What We’ll Give You
We are wholeheartedly committed to the wellbeing of our employees. Therefore, we offer:
- First-class training and ongoing development delivered by our Bright Care Academy.
- Good work-life balance. You can choose not to do extra shifts on your weeks off.
- All mileage paid at 30p per mile, as well as covered public transport cost.
- A contribution of £100 for a return flight, if required.
- Accrued paid holidays.
- Full and bespoke Bright Care uniform and PPE kit.
We are so proud to work alongside our frontline Bright Carer heroes during this time. As such, we’ve taken prudent steps in order to be laser focused on the health and wellbeing of our staff.
- We provide a full and bespoke Bright Care PPE kit for every member of staff.
- Our in-house coach supports all the workforce to discuss any impacts from working on the frontline during these times.
- Our leadership team have regular meetings to stay abreast of regulatory and government changes.
- We believe it vital for our Bright Care Academy to provide face-to-face training to best equip staff to feel confident in caring for our clients. Hence we’ve adapted our interview and training process to be aligned with safe, social distancing measures, in our Covid-19 Secure offices.
Why Join The Bright Care Family
Our exceptional team of warm-hearted Bright Carers deliver award-winning care and companionship to the elderly loved ones of the families that put their trust in us.
As a family-founded business, we want everyone to feel like they are gaining an extended family in Bright Care when they join our team. That’s why our employees’ wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us, and why we’ll offer you competitive benefits and first-class training. What’s more, since we’re not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based care team every step of the way.
Ready To Be Part Of The Team?
Apply now to start your care work journey with Bright Care.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.