Avenues Group is a specialist provider of complex social care
Avenues Group – we put people first!
We’re looking for Support Workers to work with us in Ottershaw, Chertsey supporting adults who have learning disabilities, autism and dementia in a registered care home, 5 minutes’ walk from Ottershaw village.
As a Support Worker you will;
- Ensure the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential
- Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments, education etc.
- Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
- Help with personal care such as supporting with showering, toileting and dressing.
Full training will be provided and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one.
- Various contracts available – Full time, part time or bank hours
- Shift work – days, evenings, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays (24/7)
- Typical shift patterns – (7am-2:30pm, 1:30pm-9pm and 8:45pm-7:15am;(subject to change)
Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
- No experience needed but would be beneficial
- Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed
- Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible
- Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles
- Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting#
- Show commitment to personal and professional development
We offer our Support Workers (T&C’s apply):
- £18,000 per annum + benefits (pro rata)
- Paid enhanced DBS
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
- Regular one to one supervision
- Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350
- Increasing annual leave with length of service
- Flexible working
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity/paternity pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
Apply today to find out more about careers with Avenues and how you can make a positive difference to someone’s life.
To apply for this job please visit careers.avenuesgroup.org.uk.