Apex Prime Care requires a full-time field care supervisor based in our Woking/Hersham area. We are looking for a carer ready to step up to the next by developing and supervising a team of care workers to provide high-quality care that is safe, effective and responsive to each customer’s needs and preferences. Support each customer to live their life the way that they choose as far as they are able. Respect customers’ choices and promote their dignity and privacy at all times.
Full training will be given.
Apex Prime Care is the leading provider of private care in Hampshire, Dorset and East Sussex. We expect our field care supervisors to have a genuine interest in care and to be professional at all times. In return, we offer leading rates of pay, a comprehensive training programme and extensive support when working out in the community.
You will need to have experience in delivering care in the community, and will preferably have completed an NVQ 2 or 3 or Diploma in Social Care.
A full driving license and use of your own car are essential for this position.
The role is for 37.5 hours per week over 7 days. The exact days and times of those hours will be arranged in line with the client’s needs. It is a permanent post subject to the successful completion of the probationary period.
Main duties to include:
• Prior to each service commencing, carry out with customers, and / or their chosen representatives, an assessment of what the customer needs and what they would like to achieve from their care and support, together with a risk assessment
• Create and agree on a written individually tailored plan of care and support that respects the customer’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree on appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks. Keep care and support plans up to date
• Keep all information about customers and their families secure and confidential
• Give care workers appropriate information and guidance to effectively and safely provide care and support as agreed in the care and support plan
• Provide advice, training, supervision and other support to Care Workers and support supervisors as required
• Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota as and when required. Effectively deal with emergency on-call issues, for example covering calls either directly or indirectly when Care Workers are sick or absent. Record emergency calls and pass the information to appropriate parties
Apex Prime Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.apexcareers.co.uk.