Website Affinity Trust
Be the difference, change lives – apply today!
Would you like to support people with learning disabilities and mental health needs in their own homes and in their communities? You can help them to have a more independent and fulfilling life, whilst developing a career in social care! No experience required.
We have fantastic opportunities for female support workers to join our team in Guildford, Surrey, supporting 3 ladies with learning disabilities, in their own home with all aspects of daily living.
“Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with Paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010”.
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone’s life
- Blue Light Card
- £200 bonus after 3 months service, £100 after 6 months service and a further £100 bonus after 12 months service
- Pension scheme
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
- 15% overtime enhancement on hours over 37.5 per week
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 – £400 per referral)
*pro rata for part time staff
About The Role
- You’ll support people with all aspects of daily living, including cooking, cleaning, shopping, meal prep, personal care etc.
- Help the people you’re supporting become more involved in their communities
- Support people socially and to enjoy hobbies and activities, like swimming or cycling
- Assist with volunteering/employment opportunities
- Support with holidays, trips and days out and more
Shift patterns could include…
- Sleep ins
- Bank holidays
What skills and experience do I need?
- Be adventurous, friendly, encouraging, supportive, respectful, and resourceful
- Share our values
- Good level of spoken & written communication
- Previous experience
- Full UK driving license
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.